Weekend Ride Start Times
The ride start times for April and October will continue to be 10:00 AM. The starting times for the majority of the May through September rides will be 9:00. Please note the start times when planning to attend a ride.
New, revised ride cancellation policy! If a Ride Leader is not assigned to an upcoming ride by midnight of the Thursday preceding the ride date, the ride will be CANCELLED!
2016 Weekend Ride Guidelines
- Non-members are allowed to ride a Cream City CC ride ONE TIME as a guest. Then they will need to join the club and ride as active members.
- All Cream City CC members will need to print their own cue sheets by downloading them from the CCCC website Documents Library and printing them out or uploading them to their smartphone app. The route MAPS are not currently available on the CCCC website. Members will need to provide their own maps for any scheduled weekend ride. There will be no ride packets provided at ride starts. Wednesday Ride cue sheets will usually be provided by the Wednesday Ride leaders.
- There are a few .gpx or .tcx files now added to the Document Library, provided by individual club members. These are unofficial and unverified for accuracy compared to the printed cue sheets, but they are available for members riding with GPS devices.
- Ride Leaders will need to print out the new all-in-one signup and waiver form and complete it, making sure that all riders have signed in. Please verify that all riders are CCCC members.
- Non-members are allowed to ride only ONE TIME as guests. Then they need to join the club before riding again.
- You should have at least 5 copies of the cue sheet with you for riders who failed to bring their own. Otherwise riders without cue sheets will need to ride with the group of their ability on that day’s ride. Ride Leaders can download the Ride Signup Form from here or from the Document Library.
- The Ride Leader will start the ride having grouped riders by their ability or chosen ride pace and ride with the group of similar pace, or is most in need of Ride Leader support.
- At the end of each ride, the Ride Leader is to return the sign-up sheet to the Ride Committee by scanning it and sending it to:
Or mail it to: Cream City Cycle Club
c/o Ride Committee
P.O. Box 894,
Milwaukee, WI, 53201-0894
CCCC Ride Leader Sign-Up
To volunteer to be a Ride Leader on a CCCC ride, click on the button below to send an email to the Ride Committee. Be sure to note the Ride Name, Ride Date, and Distance you want to lead, and your contact information, if it isn't in the CCCC Member Directory.
Weekend Ride Pace Scale
We have also added a new ride pace scale to our rides so that our riders know what to expect.
Pacing averages will be as follows:
"A" = 16 mph and above. Fast pace, sometimes over 20 MPH, dropping allowed. You will need to keep that pace to stay with the group.
"B" = 13-16 mph - Average pace, might get to 20 mph, will regroup at mid points, no-drop riding.
"C" = 10-13 mph - Recreational pace, might get up to 18 mph, will regroup at mid points. No-drop riding will be enforced on the ride.
"D" = 10 mph or less - Group riding at this pace. We will go at the speed of the group. No-drop riding will be enforced on the ride.
Wednesday Morning Social Rides
The club offers rides on Wednesday mornings that are designed to be social rides whereby the riders ride together and no one is left behind. Most of these rides start at an eating establishment where the group has lunch afterwards. See creamcitycycleclub.comfor the ride starting times and locations.
CCCC Camping Rides
PREREGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL RIDES IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE YOUR TENT SPACE.
When space is limited, priority will be given to club members up to 2 weeks before the trip. So, don’t be disappointed. Call the trip leader in advance.
The cost for the camp site will be $5 per person per night for all club members. Non members of Cream City, Bay View, News Pedalers, or Spring City Cycle clubs will be charged an extra $5 per night for camping. A two night minimum charge will be required, except for the Self-contained riders.
Looped: Also known as car camping. Drive a car or carpool to the chosen campground and put up your tent for the weekend. All Cream City rides start at the campground and loop back to the start.
Self-contained:Carry all your gear with you on the ride to the campground. Everything, clothing, tent, etc. you need for yourself is contained on your bike. (No sags here)