Weekend Ride Start Times
The ride start times for April and October will continue to be 10:00 AM. The starting times for the majority of the May through September rides will be 9:00. Please note the start times when planning to attend a ride.
2016 Weekend Ride Guidelines
- All Cream City CC members will need to print their own cue sheets by downloading them from the CCCC website Documents Library and printing them out - or uploading them to their Venza PDF Maps or similar smartphone app. The route maps are not currently available on the CCCC website. Members will need to provide their own maps for any scheduled weekend There will be no ride packets provided at ride starts. Wednesday Ride cue sheets will usually be provided by the Wednesday Ride leaders.
- There are a few .gpx or .tcx files now added to the Document Library, provided by individual club members. These are unofficial and unverified for accuracy compared to the printed cue sheets, but they are available for members riding with GPS devices.
The Ride Description page for each ride for 2016 has links to the ride cue sheets (look below the Ride Leader names listed). You can click on these and download the cue sheets directly from there, as well as from the Document Library ride folders.
- The weekend rides will be grouped as (A) 16 mph avg. or better (B) 13-15 mph avg. (C) 10-12 mph avg. and (D) under 10 mph avg. It is advisable that you know your own average ride pace and capabilities to help you choose the right group with which to ride.
- Routes usually will not be checked prior to ride day. The Ride Leader, on his/her own option, may pre-check a route. Therefore you may encounter closed roads, construction obstacles, and other navigation issues for you as a rider. You will need to decide how you are going to handle it, such as finding your own route around a closed road, or deciding on an alternate route with your ride group.
- Ride Leaders will need to print out the new all-in-one signup and waiver form and complete it, making sure that all riders have signed in. Also, you should have at least 5 copies of the cue sheet with you for riders who failed to bring their own. Otherwise the non-members without cue sheets will need to ride with the group of their ability on that day’s ride.
- You can download the Ride Signup Form from here or from the Document Library.
- The Ride Leader will start the ride having grouped riders by their ability or chosen ride pace and ride with the group of similar pace, or is most in need of Ride Leader support.
- At the end of each ride, the Ride Leader is to return the sign-up sheet to the Ride Committee by scanning it and sending it to: RideCommittee@creamcitycycleclub.com
Or mail it to: Cream City Cycle Club
c/o Ride Committee
P.O. Box 894,
Milwaukee, WI, 53201-0894
Weekend Ride Pace Scale
We have also added a new ride pace scale to our rides so that our riders know what to expect.
Pacing averages will be as follows:
"A" = 16 mph and above. Fast pace, sometimes over 20 MPH, dropping allowed. You will need to keep that pace to stay with the group.
"B" = 13-16 mph - Average pace, might get to 20 mph, will regroup at mid points, no-drop riding.
"C" = 10-13 mph - Recreational pace, might get up to 18 mph, will regroup at mid points. No-drop riding will be enforced on the ride.
"D" = 10 mph or less - Group riding at this pace. We will go at the speed of the group. No-drop riding will be enforced on the ride.
Wednesday Morning Social Rides
The club offers rides on Wednesday mornings that are designed to be social rides whereby the riders ride together and no one is left behind. Most of these rides start at an eating establishment where the group has lunch afterwards. See creamcitycycleclub.com for the ride starting times and locations.
Thursday Evening Social Rides
The ride schedule includes rides on first Thursday evening of the month (May through September) provided there is a preassigned ride leader. These rides are designated as “Thirsty Thursday” rides. They start at 6:00 PM from local parks and are less than 20 miles in length based on the amount of remaining daylight. After the ride, stick around for some social interaction and to quench your thirst at a nearby venue. See creamcitycycleclub.com for the ride starting times and locations.
CCCC Camping Rides
PREREGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL RIDES IN ORDER TO GUARANTEE YOUR TENT SPACE.
When space is limited, priority will be given to club members up to 2 weeks before the trip. So, don’t be disappointed. Call the trip leader in advance.
The cost for the camp site will be $5 per person per night for all participants. A two night minimum charge will be required, except for the Self-contained riders.
Looped: Also known as car camping. Drive a car or carpool to the chosen campground and put up your tent for the weekend. All Cream City rides start at the campground and loop back to the start.
Self-contained: Carry all your gear with you on the ride to the campground. Everything, clothing, tent, etc. you need for yourself is contained on your bike. (No sags here)